As another League of Legends patch comes along, people will start to look at what the patch will feature and how it might make a difference in various esports events. The new Patch 8.24 for LoL will include some big changes, including the addition of the newest champion and a major change to a rune that had been popular in some esports competitions.
Who Is Neeko?
Neeko will join the roster of champions in the new LoL patch. She will be a part of the new patch, although she will not appear immediately. Details on when she will be specifically released are unclear, although she will be a part of a mid-patch update later on as she is reviewed further.
Neeko is a chameleon-like champion who has a distinct passive called Inherent Glamour. She can disguise herself to look like an ally champion. The illusion ends and the cooldown will increase when she is damaged or when she damages an opponent. She can also cast spells that attack opponents and use the Shapesplitter power to produce a clone of herself.
Changes to Heroes
Significant changes are coming to a few heroes in Patch 8.24. These changes may influence how well people compete in esports events:
- Aatrox’s Darkin Blade power will not deal any bonus damages to monsters. The Monster Hate power will not deal an added 0.1 attack damage to monsters either.
- Akali’s Twilight Shroud has a slower duration. The duration has been shortened by one second throughout the board. The largest duration extension has also been shortened by two seconds.
- Camille’s attack speed has been decreased from 0.644 to 0.625.
- Galio has experienced a drop in the cost of the Winds of War power. The Windblast damage has increased, but the Tornado will no longer deal flat damage
- Heimerdinger has a slightly higher maximum damage total but also has the same ability power. Missile damage totals have also been slightly tweaked, with missiles 2 to 5 being stronger and 6 to 20 being weaker.
- Illaoi’s Leap of Faith has a shorter cooldown period at the higher levels. The Test of Spirit has a shorter cooldown at all points, including the base cooldown going from 20 to 16.
- Irelia’s Defiant Dance has an increased cooldown at the start from 16 to 20. The damage reduction has also dropped from 50 percent to 40.
Many other heroes are experiencing sizeable changes. Riot has posted full information on these changes on its website.
Dark Harvest Shift
The Dark Harvest rune will also undergo a significant change in the new patch. The base damage from Levels 1 to 18 has dropped from 40-80 to 20-60. Also, players cannot use this to proc off of other procs in the game. Luden’s Echo ability is untouched, as that power’s effect is designed to work as though it were a separate ability.
The big changes coming to League of Legends will be exciting for esports fans and players to watch for. However, the addition of a new champion and changes to other champions might not be as big of a deal as the significant shift on the Dark Harvest rune.