Dota 2 recently released Patch 7.05 as a new update to the game. People who have been following one of the top games in the world of eSports have been rather disappointed about the change as it is just another regular change that creates more balance instead of offering something spectacular and new.
This especially comes as Patch 7.05 focuses on more minor changes to the game. These include changes relating to how the balances between characters are organized. If anything, most of the changes throughout the game are made with items in mind. This establishes a more detailed look to the game when all is used.
Players have been hoping to get new heroes or maps into the game. This especially comes as the publishers of the game have not made too many changes to those features in recent time. Until then, players will have to watch for the different changes to the game that were made essentially to establish a sense of balance within the game.
Some of the changes in the patch include the following with a strong emphasis on items. There are also a few cases where multiple changes are made to individual items to make them a little more unique and diverse:
- The Hand of Midas offers less experience. It went from 2.5x exp to 1.75x exp on this update. It does have a better gold bonus as it went from 190 to 220.
- The Tranquil Boots no longer offer armor. They will provide the wearer with a slight boost in health regeneration and a better overall movement speed.
- The Orb of Venom has a reduced Slow duration by a small bit. Its DPS has gone up from 3 to 5 in value.
- The Power Treads have a slight increase in their Attribute bonus. That total has gone from 9 to 10.
There are a few other basic changes to note beyond just items:
- The base armor total for a Tower has been reduced by two points. A Tower can still get an extra armor point when an enemy hero is nearby. This goes to a total of 3 for each enemy that is there.
- The base health regeneration rate at a Shrine has declined. It has gone from 100 to 90.
- The Spell Amplification setup for Intelligence has been increased by 1 percent per 15. This is different from the original total of 1 percent per 16, thus suggesting that this spell can work without too much power involved.
- The XP that is needed to go from level 20 to 25 has been reduced. It went from 10,895 needed to 10,000. This is especially made to help with balancing out the game. Also, the increments for levels in between those two milestones have been reduced, thus improving upon how well players are able to get high up enough when playing the game.
It is unclear at this point as to when the next update to Dota 2 will be applied if necessary. This comes as some changes are being made to make it all the more intriguing for players and to create a sense of fairness within the game.